Mom made it Home. Our Heavenly Father who loves us all so much took Esther Belle Alexander home to be with Him on April 3, 2014 at 5:43 in the evening. My dad (Jim Alexander) and brother (Frank Alexander) and I were with her when she left. It was God’s mercy and grace. I miss her.
When I see particular bunches of flowers growing in the yard, or when I cook up some new recipe I think she‘d like to taste, or when I just dial her phone number to hear her voicemail … it all twinges and pulls at my heart, but I’d never drag her back here. She’s Home: happy, young, strong, free and in the loving arms of Jesus. Thank you everyone for praying for my family. It has made a difference and continues to. My mama was a nature girl and a creative dreamer, and she still is. Death for a true believer in Jesus Christ is not an end. It’s just a new beginning. “Happily ever after” does not have to be a fairytale: it’s simply when a child of God goes Home.
When I see particular bunches of flowers growing in the yard, or when I cook up some new recipe I think she‘d like to taste, or when I just dial her phone number to hear her voicemail … it all twinges and pulls at my heart, but I’d never drag her back here. She’s Home: happy, young, strong, free and in the loving arms of Jesus. Thank you everyone for praying for my family. It has made a difference and continues to. My mama was a nature girl and a creative dreamer, and she still is. Death for a true believer in Jesus Christ is not an end. It’s just a new beginning. “Happily ever after” does not have to be a fairytale: it’s simply when a child of God goes Home.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.