Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2021

My Psaltery: Be of good cheer!

 

67.

Play your discard and be still

The Lord has a hand to play

If we dally with our turn

We keep His blessing at bay

 

11 Aug 2020

 

75.

Hair shorn

Heart sore

Not what I’d planned at all

Three-sided winds push me along

A path that I’ve not sought

 

Hair shorn

Heart sore

My heart and feet of lead

I bear a scroll and compass

I daren’t turn my tread

 

Hair shorn

Heart sore

With face of flint I stride

The promise I carry resolves me

And I will not be denied

 

26 Aug 2020

 

78.

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer

Though th’watery world ‘neath us heaves

Fear not, buck up, and steady your hearts

Even so, as God said, it shall be

 

The ship will sink, ah yes, ‘tis true

But neary a soul shall be drowned

Stay where you are and wait for the LORD

In no other source is help found

 

Cast four anchors, wish for day

The lifeboats of self-help cut free

Fourteen days, driven and fasting

Tossed in a ravenous sea

 

Receive God’s bread of nourishment

Give thanks, break and eat

Lighten your vessel of all you’ve held dear

Good cheer comes from God’s Mercy Seat

 

Then take up the anchors, commit to the sea

And loose the rudder band

Hoist up the mainsail, aim for the shore

Collision is key to God’s plan

 

And in your submission, He’ll buoy you up

Redeeming your life from the grave

The vessel thus broken will give you the planking

On which to float and be saved

 

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer

Though this you started in pride

The LORD of All commands the waves

And in His grace you will ride

 

31 Aug 2020

(Acts 27)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.