Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2021

My Psaltery: the sea of me

 Some poems from my own personal collection of writings, which I call My Psaltery


19. 

 Lord You are faithful

Your love is evergreen

Mightier than the mountains

Whose toes dip in the sea

The valleys of the Deep beneath

Hold volumes of Your glory

The ocean paths are blazed therein

By Your feet alone

You hover over all

The waters of my soul

You brood lovingly

O’er the deeps of me

No frightful creature there

In my seabed valleys

Is unknown or greater than Thee

My Hero

My Captain

The Sailor of my seas

 

 

 

16.

 A cup of tea, a tall ship

Propelled I wander o’er the sea

A dream far off, a bound’ry

Black is the night ‘twixt you and me

A song of hope, a candle

My dog and I alone we pray

A Savior strong, a Helper

Your course is true, dear heart, be brave

An unfelt hand, assurance

I find the strength to hoist my sail

A cup of tea, a tall ship

And I sail on with You

 

 

Crystal Jean Alexander

May 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.