Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2021

My Psaltery: in His hand

 61.          “The Needle”                                                                    by Crystal Alexander, 27 July 2020

 

Will it hold?

Will it really hold?

Needle in, needle out

Up one side, down another

Lock stitch, running stitch, whip stitch

Broke one needle

Found a stronger

In, out, over, under, through

Little knowing the strain to come

Little knowing the threat to be undone

Little knowing who would pull the seams the Lord set before me

It will hold, God chose the thread

It will hold, to these fabrics I was led

It will hold, I then discover

I’m not the seamstress

It’s Another

Threaded I go

In, out, over, under, through

Deftly plied by fingers wise

I journey through tissues

Cut, met and folded

Of natural fibers, hand-spun and made to be joined

The Tailor pulls the thread that trails behind me

The garment takes shape

I rest in His fingers panting

And open my eyes

He smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.